Powered By Blogger

Monday 8 June 2015

Airfix Engineer Jet Turbine

Hello everyone! Today I am going slightly off the scale model topic, but I am still reviewing a Airfix Kit. This is the Airfix Engineer Jet Turbine. This comes in a range of two which is this kit and a Combustion Engine, Unfortunately I am unsure if Airfix still sell this on their website, but can be found on Amazon for £27.69.
It comes complete with all the Circuit Boards, Screws, parts and a screwdriver. The product should also be able to speed up and down as it comes with a throttle. However the build its self is quite easy, but the instructions are the worst I have ever seen. It is not the normal Instructions booklet like one for a Spitfire or Hurricane but it is in fact a series of Pictures of a man's hand building it (the hand obscures the kit). It does not help that the booklet is in black and white. The actual turbine part of it is quite repetitive to build as its just slotting lots of fans into place. I have also seen Videos on Youtube of it working but after a year I still not have got it to work. However Airfix is the only company that supplies jet turbines of this type (while companies like haynes make combustion engines), and the concept of it is very good as it appeals to people like me an of course that is why I bought it in the first place, it's just in my view Airfix need to refine the kit. However I'm sure it's quite easy to do, so if you own this kit feel free to put a picture or a link to a video in the comments. The next model I plan to do is the tamiya morris mini cooper and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment